Captain Cool MS Dhoni completed a Record 10000 runs in One Day international cricket.He became the 4th Indian after the Trio of Sachin Tendulkar,Saurav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid to achieve this feat.Lets have a look at a few interesting records of his wonderful feat.
1. He is the 4th Indian and 12th overall to achieve this feat.Prior to him Sachin Tendulkar,Kumar Sangakkara,Ricky Ponting,Sanath Jayasuria,Mahela Jayawardene,Inzamamul Haq,Jacques Kallis,Saurav Ganguly,Rahul Dravid,Brian Lara and Tilkaratne Dilshan have done it.MSD joined an elite list of cricketers After doing so.He also became only the 4th wicketkeeper totake 300 catches in ODIs.
2. He is the only Player in the 10000 run club to have an average above 50.He Averages 51.30 in the 320 matches that he has played so far.The next best average in the club is of his compatriot the great Sachin Tendulkar at 44.83,way behind his.
3. He is the only player in the list to have Debuted post the year 2000.Kumar Sangakkara debuted on 5 July 2000.All the other members of the club debuted in the 20th Century.Interestingly both of them are the Only Full time Wicket Keepers in the list. He is also the only player in the 10000 run club to be still playing the game.All others have retired from the game.
4. He has the Second best Strike Rate in the group at 88.27.Sanath Jayasuriya is the only one who has better Strike Rate then him at 91.20 but his Average is way below him.Sanath Averages 32.36 in ODI cricket.
5. MS Dhoni has the joint least number of centuries in the group With Inzamamul Haq. Both of them have 10 Hundreds each.But considering the position that MSD bats it is a record not at all to be ashamed of.Interestingly he has scored more than 75% of his runs batting at no % or below.None of the Others in the 10000 run club have scored even 30% of the runs at that position.